Saturday, September 06, 2008

So You Think You Can Scrap...

Round One of Scraptacular's "So You Think You Can Scrap" Competition...

The Criteria for this challenge was:

- Hand cutting of PP designs

- Edge Distressing

- Layering

- Use of 'white/negative' space

- Texture

- Non Standard size photos (eg not 4x6 or 5x7 or 6x8)

- Clustering

Papers I have used are Hambly transparency, Jenny Bowlin, Imagince, KI Memories lace cardstock.

Don't you just love the little calendar I made into a transparency.. it with a stamp that Melissa bought me as a gift as she knew I really loved it. So thanks Mel...I am already putting it to good use :)

Here is a close up of my cluster...

I have used Basic Grey Mellow patterened paper and cut out the flowers to created the 3-d floral spray and I embellished them with Kaiser pearls. I have also made a little red butterfly using Urban Lily stamps, stazon and transparency sheet. I hand stamped the leaves with some Stampin'Up! stamps and my title is done with raw buzz and bloom alphas inked and glossed with Opals. My distressing has been incorporated on the patterened paper and I have used the Stampin' Up! Spiral Punch to give the torn book page look.

So that is round 1 done...lets hope I make it through the other side of the elimination...you can check out everyone elses work in the Scraptacular Gallery.

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

This LO is gorgeous! Love it!

Wendy Smith said...

stunning...nothing else to say

Debbi said...

How amazing is the pp cutting, just divine... gorgeous layout

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing Suse, so glad the stamp came in handy!!!
See I told you no need to worry ;-)