Monday, December 01, 2008

Start of the month

The White with 1 has its December challenge up and this months Criteria is inspired by the silly season ...they are:

White
Festive Colours (so any combination of)
Bling

My layout "Santa" I have used Red and gold and my bling is gold pearls and gold mulberry paper stars...courtesy of Aliesha from a swap.

Talking of swaps this month the White with 1 colour for the swap is BLACK...now who couldn't use more black embellishments to use on their layouts...pop over and sign up...the last couple have been unbelievable.
Scrap the Girls is all new and so very improved...this months challenge is up and features an awesome sketch and the criteria of pink and flowers...

Just perfect for all you scrappers with girls to create something really girly...why not pop over to the blog and enter...there are some great prizes from some fabulous sponsors...here is my CT example layout for the challenge.

"2.5 & sassalicious" is using the sassafras lass papers which I love and I broke out the old HS silk flowers for this layout...the photo is of my gorgeous girl at 2 &1/2 ...she is so sassy at the moment I love her so much.




Whilst we are on the topic of Scrap the Girls...

"The Boys are Back in Town" yes you heard it here first Scrap the Boys is Back and all new…Scrap the Boys inspiration Blog is changing hands and changing format…I’d like to thank Sharon Thompson for passing the blog over to me and I hope that everyone likes the directions it is about to take.So what does this mean….we are looking for SPONSORS…so if you are an online store looking for a promotion opportunity please contact Susan Longman on susan.longman@bigpond.com....And I need a talented CT…if you are interested in being on the "scrap the boys" creative team please email me the following by 18th December…

1. Your Name
2. Your Location
3. Your Blog Address
4. Your online gallery addresses
5. Any Design teams you are currently serving on (this does not effect my decision)
6. A paragraph about yourself
7. 2 of your favourite boy layouts

Please email me with your application to susan.longman@bigpond.com . Creative team will be contacted by the 21st of December giving you a week to create your layout for the first challenge on the 1st of January 2009.

So to sum up "Scrap the Boys" will be a challenge blog with sponsors and have a talented creative team to get all you scrappers with boys inspired to work outside of your normal "boy" format. I hope to have the first challenge up on January 1st. If you want to sponsor the blog or apply for the creative team please email me by the 18th of December. Also pop scrap the boys on your blog feeds as it is going to be huge there are a few other exciting things planned too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous layouts Susan!!!!
I love checking out your beautiful work and have left you an award on my blog :)
Aga xx

Kirsty said...

just gorgeous! Love the example for White With One...might have to squeeze this one in!

Can't wait to see what challenges the 'Scrap The Boys' site brings. Loads of inspiration I am sure:-)

Kate said...

Love your white with one LO Susan, its absolutely beautiful!!