Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Todays layouts

So I completed a couple of layouts last night and I thought I would share them with you.

I put together "smoochy hugs" for the "Mystical 26" challenge over on Mystical Scrapbooks...for this challenge you are required to use paper doilies on your layout.

Here I have coupled them with felt to create interesting flower accents. The large bling swirls were a RAK from my sister Wendy and the paper range is Jenny Bowlin and Hambly Screen Prints.

As usual there is a little owl hidden on the transparency care of a swap ...it evades me who gave me that one (sorry) and instead of buttons I am on a mission to use my old stash of brads...hence the red hearts.
My "little Artist" is a layout I have done for Renee C's product/technique challenge over on Scrapbook Savvy.

For this challenge you were required to use a minimum of 2 haberdashery items on the layout.

I used buttons, ribbon, and felt (dinosaur is from a swap ...not sure who did these ones but they are ultra cute)

As usual I have included an owl on the layout and that too was from a swap (thanks Tamara!)

I have also used mesh (I know sooo 4 years ago) but it part of my mission to use my older stash and I think (along with eyelets) that is due for a comeback...bring back the mesh I say.
In fact if you have used mesh on a layout lately ...leave me a comment with a link to the image I would love to see it...

2 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

gorgeous...totally gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Loving the layouts!! Especially the little dinosaur :-)